[fpc-devel] Unicode and Lazarus

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:29:04 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Daniƫl Mantione
<daniel.mantione at freepascal.org> wrote:
> On the other hand Lazarus may want to move to a "string depending on
> platform" too, to attract both Delphi < 2009 and Delphi >= 2009 users.

I don't see this change any time soon, because it would break too much
of existing code. If Delphi 2009 becomes really popular and there is a
large need to migrate projects to Lazarus we may think of a solution.

At the moment a fully working UTF8String is what we need.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho