[fpc-devel] SqlDB's TSQLScript backport request

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 12 09:46:33 CET 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there any chance that the TSQLScript.CommentsInSQL and
> >> TSQLScript.UseCommit properties could be backported from 2.3.1 to
> >> 2.2.3?
> >
> > Yes. We decided to make a 2.2.4, and this will be in it.
>
> Ah, thanks Michael.
>
> BTW: That component is a lifesaver! It makes setup and configuration
> of database applications a breeze. :-)

I know, that's what I use it for.
I developed it years ago. It's been in use for almost 10 years now.
The only thing that was done is make it SQLDB-aware.

Currently it works as follows:
- Create Data dictionary with DB desktop.
- The FCL-DB Codegen units are used to create a unit that recreates the
  data dictionary in memory.
- When a new database is needed, another fcl-db codegen unit cretes the
  script.
- TSQLScript is run with this script to create the database.

Michael.