[fpc-devel] Unicode support (again)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:41:03 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Florian Klaempfl
<florian at freepascal.org> wrote:

>> Some conversions are correct or seem to be correct in that case.
>
> It has been already pointed out several times that lazarus abuses the
> anstring type to store utf-8 and this breaks several stuff.

I must have missed that thread. Have you got the thread title or
estimated date of the thread? For interest sake, I would like to read
those discussions.

I'm curious what Lazarus does to abuse ansistring. Ansistring is in
byte format. So is utf-8, so I can't see any immediate issues. That's
why I would like to read those discussions. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -