[fpc-devel] Unicode support (again)

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Tue Nov 11 14:44:16 CET 2008

In response and to support Daniƫl:

Also, remember unicode is/are a computerlanguage specific
specification(s): you may assume that a lot of thought has gone into it
to be able to use it with programming languages. That was the design
goal. The specification is, alas, rather complex but it contains every
bit of information to be able to implement high level handling without
breaking properly designed older high level languages. This goes at the
expense of lower level string handling (and asm constructs that were
introduced just for string handling in the instruction sets of most
modern processors!) . I guess that is just what we call progress.