[fpc-devel] Why is FPC so self-contained ?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Nov 4 11:04:44 CET 2008

> How much do you need on a PIC ?

I did not have many hope for really using Pascal on the PIC, but I am
just thinking about a project with a PIC24 (which is a quite normal 16
bit processor core with 64K linear addressable memory (completely
integrated in the chip), other than the PIC16, which is an 8 Bit
processor with no "memory" bit only "Registers" in multiple 256 Byte
banks).

Here I in fact need to port part of an existing Delphi project (a master
node of a serial communication network).

-Michael