[fpc-devel] I get duplicate GUIDs under Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:43:35 CEST 2008

2008/5/29 Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> Sounds like the Debian openssl key fiasko.

I saw Ubuntu had some updates to resolve this issue on my system. Got
the updates, rebooted, recompiled my application and still 1021 is my
limit before I get duplicates.

What is really weird is that once I hit the 1021 limit, I can't run
that method again. I get a duplicate after 1 add!  It seems to behave
exactly like random() without calling randomize().  It seems to
remember the last "position" it it's seed or something and tries to
continue where it left off. The same pattern, over and over.

Regards,
 - Graeme -