[fpc-devel] Too big documentation images

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun May 25 10:31:23 CEST 2008

On Sat, 24 May 2008, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > Anyway, unless someone else starts providing a good set, the next
> > releases will no have html manuals any more. Only PDF.
>
> No, please =)
>
> What do you mean by good set? A good set of pictures?

No. A good set of complete HTML docs. The pictures are not the only issues.
Ligatures are also an issue, special characters also, links are often wrong.
The converter (tex4ht) is no longer maintained or supported by some big distros.

> My idea would be just taking the current ones and cutting the white
> area. Shouldn't that be enougth?

No, because they would be overwritten the next time the docs are built.

Michael.