[fpc-devel] The status of fpmake ?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:39:56 CEST 2008

Peter Vreman wrote:
>> Below is what I make so far.  I can't even manage to compile the
>> fpmake.pas unit. :-(
>>
>> fpmake.pas(12,12) Error: Identifier not found "Targets"
>> fpmake.pas(13,17) Error: Identifier not found "Targets"
>
> Basic functionality works. Look at the fpmake.pp files in the fpc source tree under packages/ how
> to use it.

I'm busy doing that now.  The wiki page is way out of date! None of
those examples are compilable.

* Targets is not a property of Installer any more but of TPackage.
* It seems you must at least add one Package to Installer
* DefaultOS property doesn't exist in Installer. I still can't find it
elsewhere either.

I've no managed to compile my fpmake.pas unit, but trying to run it via
'fpmake build' to compile my actual project fails because it can't
locate RTL package.

I'm getting closer, but still not quite there. ;-)

--------------[ fpmake.pas ]-----------------------
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
program fpmake;

uses
   fpmkunit;

var
   t: TTarget;
   p: TPackage;

begin
   with Installer do
   begin
     p := AddPackage('MyPackage');
     // don't know where to find DefaultOS...
//    Targets.DefaultOS := [linux]; // it's a linux only app
     t := p.Targets.AddUnit('mydialer'); // main program unit
     Run;
   end;
end.
------------------------- end --------------------

Output from command line....
graemeg at graemeg:dialer$ ./fpmake build
The installer encountered the following error:
Could not find unit directory for dependency package "rtl"

I gather fpmake doesn't use the default ~/.fpc.cfg file on my system to
locate the normal FPC units and lib files.

Regards,
   - Graeme -