[fpc-devel] The status of fpmake ?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 21 15:41:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

What's the status of 'fpmake'. Can it already be used for our custom
written software? As a command line build system, instead of Makefile's?
  I'm using FPC 2.2.1 at the moment.

I'm trying to use fpmake with a simple single unit command line
application. The applications in Linux only, but will later be for
Windows as well. I would also like the Linux compiled executable to have
a '.elf' extension. And when compiled under Windows, the default '.exe'
extension.

Below is what I make so far.  I can't even manage to compile the
fpmake.pas unit. :-(

-----------[ fpmake.pas ]-------------
program fpmake;

uses
   fpmkunit;

var
   t: TTarget;

begin
   with Installer do
   begin
     Targets.DefaultOS := [linux]; // it's a linux only app
     t := Targets.AddUnit('mydialer'); // main program unit mydialer.pas
     Run;
   end;
end.
-----------------------------

Errors when compiled using: fpc fpmake.pas
---------------------------
graemeg at graemeg:dialer$ fpc fpmake.pas
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.2.1 [2008/04/21] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2008 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling fpmake.pas
fpmake.pas(12,12) Error: Identifier not found "Targets"
fpmake.pas(13,17) Error: Identifier not found "Targets"
fpmake.pas(18) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /opt/fpc_2.2.1/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if
you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
---------------------------

Errors when compiled using: fppkg build
graemeg at graemeg:dialer$ fppkg build
The FPC Package tool encountered the following error:
Could not find package "rtl"

Can anybody help me here... I've read the fpmake wiki page and use one
of it's examples as my starting point, but no luck yet.

Regards,
   - Graeme -