[fpc-devel] Patch, speed improvement for ARM-rtl procedure 'move'

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Mon Mar 10 12:49:39 CET 2008

Hello,

the attached patch improves the performance of the rtl Move_blended
procedure by about 16 % on ARMv4, when both destination and source
addresses are aligned. I rearranged the code and could remove one
instruction of the inner loop 'Ldwordloop'. I think the patch should
work for the Move_pld procedure too (ARMv5), but I could not test it.

Regards, Bernd.