[fpc-devel] Free Pascal queries

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jun 10 09:29:29 CEST 2008

On 10 Jun 2008, at 01:27, Chris Handley wrote:

> 1) Much of what I do is involved with preparing formatted reports.
> These mostly use RTF and that side is working well. However, one has
> to be produced in postscript and that is where I run into problems.
> How do I persuade fpc to talk to the Fonts.p file in MetroWorks
> CodeWarrior (or alternatively how do I access routines such as
> TextSize and StringWidth)?

FPC includes a version of the Common Pascal interfaces, which also
includes the Fonts unit. In general, it's however easier to add the
FPCMacOSAll unit to your uses clause (as of FPC 2.2.2: MacOSAll), then
you get all available interfaces at once instead of having to fiddle
with different units to make sure you have all needed types available
(because FPC doesn't support uses-propagation).

Jonas