[fpc-devel] fpdoc 2.3.1 errors

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:45:15 CEST 2008

On 02/06/2008, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl> wrote:

>  I am glad I am not alone. I mailed Michael several backtraces from gdb
> already.

I recompiled fpdoc with debug information.  It gave me a bit more
detail, but not much to go on....

graemeg at graemeg:Docs$ ./t1.sh
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.3.1 [2008/06/02]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

Writing 3003 pages...
An unhandled exception occurred at $080570B3 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $080570B3
  $080B38DC  THTMLWRITER__CREATEPAGEBODY,  line 2135 of dw_html.pp
  $080AE187  THTMLWRITER__CREATEHTMLPAGE,  line 644 of dw_html.pp
  $080AE4B1  THTMLWRITER__WRITEHTMLPAGES,  line 693 of dw_html.pp
  $080B8909  THTMLWRITER__WRITEDOC,  line 3278 of dw_html.pp
  $08049860  CREATEDOCUMENTATION,  line 267 of fpdoc.pp
  $08049A67  main,  line 290 of fpdoc.pp

I then tried with only a subset of my units and I started having
success.  In the end I found there is one unit causing the issue.
'tiutils.pas'. Remove that from the fpdoc parameter list and it works
fine.

Maybe some formatting has changed or it uses a feature of fpdoc which
is not well tested. I have no idea really.  I'll go through the
tiutils.xml file to see if I can spot something obvious. I'm also
going to generate a new skeleton tiutils.xml with makeskel to see what
it does. I'll report back.

Regards,
  - Graeme -