[fpc-devel] Russian locale information not compatible with FPC locale variables

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jul 30 12:10:50 CEST 2008

> I don't agree on the point that good mt support is a matter of the
> framework. _Really_ good multithreading support is a matter and must
> be a matter of the language as well and in several years and must be
> as common as while or for loops. Currently, multithreaded programming
> is like programming spaghetti basic. A good framework is comparable to
> at least the try to program structured with line numbered basic but it
> is not forced by the language. The compiler must know about parallism.
I fully support this. Regarding Object pascal I am dreaming about
"thread events" since many years. (This would need no new keyword and
only a very small addition to the compiler. You might find posts on this
in the backlog of this forum.) I did provide a concept, but had not the
spare time to try to implement it.

The said "future" and "asnc" concept that Oxygen adopted from .NET seems
very promising, and I'm sure that it can be implemented in the RTL in
native code without thinking about a .NET framework.

-Michael