[fpc-devel] Utf8ToUnicode

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 17:44:50 CEST 2008

Hello FPC,

I had a problem with strings that are silently converted to ''
(nothing) and finally found that this strings pass throught the
UTF8Decode function (I'm using Lazarus) and as this strings are ANSI
there are some invalid character sequences in some of them. I think
this is a problem as the Utf8ToUnicode when find any of this sequences
simply discard all the string (I'm using FPC 2.2.2 from 1 week Lazarus
snapshot). If this problem has been fixed in more recent FPC releases
forget this mail, if not fixed please conside using the attached
function instead which take care of wrong sequences and non usable
mapping spaces.

As my pascal indentention is not the usual one in FPC you can change
it or request for a change. There are some comments about what
happends on each step.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun