[fpc-devel] FreePascal for QNX

Michael Müller mueller_michael at nikocity.de
Fri Jul 18 09:37:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

I already posted a question related to this topic two years ago:
http://community.freepascal.org:10000/lists/fpc-pascal/2006-February/
010111

Now this topic came back to my attention. So  before we will start
our work I want to ask some questions.

Did in the meantime perhaps somebody already started to add QNX as a
target?

Would somebody be interested to do it together?

Can somebody make an estimation (in man month) how long it could
take? I have no QNX experience but use Linux privately and heard that
QNX is relative similar to Linux. Peter Vreman suggested in the old
mail to look into solaris/sunos post. Is this statement still valid?
What is  the most similar supported target?

How would you start? Try to create a native QNX FreePascal or create
a cross compiler version supporting QNX? In the first case which most
recent version would be compilable with FP V1.10 for QNX. In the
later case can the cross compiler run on Windows or should it run on
Linux?

In the forum Carl Eric Codere in 2004 offered to help. Carl, are you
still reading this list?

Thanks and regards

Michael