[fpc-devel] C style operator doesn't work with properties in 2.3.1

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Jul 17 18:49:25 CEST 2008

El Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:15:46 +0200
Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> escribió:

> But nested or combined with-statements can be dangerous in case
> there are multiple fields with the same name in the different

Many, many years ago, I programmed in texas instruments' pascal for the
9995. Of course it wasn't object oriented (almost nothing was at the
time), but it had a short-hand notation for with, like

with a=some.record, a2=some.other.record do
begin
  a.field=a2.field;
  a.other=a2.other
end;

Of course you could also use the standard notation, but this one
avoids the ambiguities.

Bye
--
Luca