[fpc-devel] Incompatible Types: got "untyped" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure(Pointer);Register>

Craig Peterson craig at scootersoftware.com
Thu Jul 17 18:03:59 CEST 2008

 > Yes but this has got nothing to do with original poster's problem :-).

Sean (the original poster) is my coworker, so his problem and mine are
one and the same. ;-)  I'm having a little trouble parsing your

In Delphi, the following code works:

   procedure BtnClick(Sender: TObject = nil);
   var Callback: TNotifyEvent;
   Callback := BtnClick;

In FPC, it doesn't, even with "$MODE DELPHI".

We consider that a bug in FPC's Delphi mode.  Are we wrong?

Thanks,
Craig