[fpc-devel] The usage of Include() doesn't work any more in 2.3.1

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Wed Jul 16 13:29:51 CEST 2008

Op Wed, 16 Jul 2008, schreef Ales Katona:

> I think this is also same in Delphi, but I agree that passing pure properties
> (without getter/setter) to var should possibly be reduced to warning or even
> hint.

This was discussed before and rejected.

The reason is that a change in implementation of the property should not
hav any effect on code that uses of the property.

I.e. a programmer that exposes a variable by means of a property wants to
have the option of introducing getters/setters later, otherwise he would
have used a public variable. Therefore any code using properties has to be
"ready" for future getter/setters.

Daniël