[fpc-devel] QEMU for 64-bit FPC testing?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:10:03 CET 2008

On 30/01/2008, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> > don't know QEMU really, just that it gets used inside the VirtualBox
> > product.
> >
> How did you get to know this ? I only can imagine that this is true for
> the initial execution of the client OS that is done in an emulated way
> to detect and replace critical instructions before they are  executed.

As Jonas said. Plus they mentioned in on their web site (or wikipedia)
that Qemu is used to emulate the network cards and sound cards etc...

Quote from wikipedia:
"In January 2007, VirtualBox was released. It uses some of QEMU's
virtual hardware devices and has a built-in dynamic recompiler that is
based on QEMU."

  -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KQEMU#VirtualBox

Regards,
  - Graeme -