[fpc-devel] Haiku and IDE support in the BeOS port

Olivier Coursière olivier.coursiere at laposte.net
Tue Jan 22 23:50:13 CET 2008

Hi,

Here are some patchs to improve the BeOS port of Freepascal.

- HaikuFix.diff : patch to enable a full build of Freepascal under
Haiku. bcopy seems to behave differently under BeOS and Haiku when
searching for include file in the compiler. So, i propose to use the
internal functions instead of libc's ones under BeOS.

-  ide_and_video.diff : patch to  bring the ide to BeOS. I use UTF8 to
draw "graphic" chars as the BeOS Terminal support them.

- packages_base_gdbint.diff : patch to compile the IDE with debugging
support under Haiku (not tested under BeOS because it is more difficult
for me to build all the needed dependencies).

- packages_base_netdb.diff : a little patch to fix a problem in the
makefile when running "make zipinstall" under Haiku.  Regenerating the
makefile should work too.

- QuickFix_exeinfo.diff : patch to fix BeOS compilation with recent
changes in this area. It does not seems to work yet.

- rtl_beos.diff : implementation of FpNanoSleep. Without an
implementation of that function, the ide eat as much CPU as it can !

With all this, i am able to build the complete source tree under Haiku.
I am also able to compile the IDE under Haiku with debugging support.

Here is a screen shot of the IDE under Haiku :
http://olivier.coursiere.free.fr/images/freepascal_ide.png.

Olivier