[fpc-devel] New -Xg option in the last 9778 revision

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Fri Jan 18 14:08:20 CET 2008

Op Fri, 18 Jan 2008, schreef Marc Weustink:

>> The FPC IDE has had it for years. All user interface support you need is
>> the Options->Mode menu. For the rest the handling all internal; the IDE
>> uses an array of options, one for each build mode, each with its own
>> defaults.
>
> Yeah... and we want something less static and more configurable, default
> options, release/debug/whatever build, target dependent etc.etc.etc.

It would be nice that you can set certain compiler options only on certain
targets, but, that is not what people are asking for. Don't make it more
complicated than it is. All users want is an easy to access "debug
build/release build" switch. The FPC IDE's fixed number 3 profiles already
provide more than that. You can code it in an afternoon, which could be
well spent, even if you want to code a more complex system later on.

Daniël