[fpc-devel] An optimizer bug?

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Sat Jan 5 07:35:20 CET 2008

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> I think I've fixed this in r9626, could you check again? At least on
> darwin/ppc, cycle and testsuite seem to work fine with your patch (but I
> didn't check it without my changes as well).

I got the testsuite perform fine with TEST_OPT=-O2.

However, I could not build a working optimized compiler, neither could I
get cycle working. It builds ppc1 and ppc2, but after the
'make FPC=.../ppc2 OLDFPC=.../ppc1 next' command, on Windows it hangs
for several minutes and then presumably gets killed by timeout
('Interrupt/exception 0xc00000fd', I observe such behavior for the first
time), and on Linux it reports Internal Error 2004121202.

But it seems to me that this crap is not related to the issue, but is
caused by my environment. I'll revert everything, restart in a clean
way, and then report more.

Sergei