[fpc-devel] FP 2.4 questions

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jan 2 11:08:27 CET 2008

> > Then I don't get why people refuse that lazarus is recompiled and see
> > dyn. loaded packages as _the_ solution to this "problem" :)
> >
> Is there another solution that makes it possible to compile and test a
> (future) visual component before installing it and with a simple
> click-click action add it to the component library (even if this
> involves waiting some minutes).

No. Not even Delphi has that. The property editors and component
registrations must be known to the visual environment.

That's also why Delphi has a very definitive install step (in which you can
see a reinit of the component palette, and e.g. problems can happen if
components have been deleted from disk, but ignored on startup)

So it is roughly the same, except for the time, and the "hardening" of the
process.