[fpc-devel] Lazarus: A new widgest set

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Thu Feb 28 19:55:07 CET 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 16.55:16 Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 February 2008 15.53:16 Michael Schnell wrote:
> > > If you compile the SVN trunk version with -dmse_with_ifi you will get
> > > the MSEifi components in the component palette.
> >
> > Of course I really would like to help beta-testing this. Unfortunately,
> > due to a firewall jail I am working in, I can't access an SVN.
>
> You can't use opensource projects without SVN access, you must solve the
> problem.
>
> > Have I been correct assuming that I can do a "secondary" GUI using
> > MSE(-ifi), i.e. taking a normal (existing) Delphi or Lazarus program
> > that does feature it's normal GUI and add some MSE code (and widget
> > definitions) plus a transport channel and then I can create controls
> > that are visible on the screen of the remote machine. Moreover when the
> > remote user "clicks" a control that had bee defined in that way, an
> > event should be triggered (in a thread <the dedicated event queue should
> > enable event driven programming in a thread> or in the main thread).
>
> Correct. I never tried a Delphi or Lazarus applications as server, I use
> MSEgui or MSEnogui applications.
>
> > Have I been correct assuming that either a Pascal program or a browser
> > plugin (is that Java code ?) can be used as a target of the transport
> > channel, and both should show a user interface that had been defined by
> > the master program ?
>
> Correct. The browser plugin doesn't exist up to now. I think it will be a
> Pascal dll/so.
>
> > It would be great if you could send me an example (at best a windows
> > exe, using http) and the browser plugin, so that I can see what MSE can
> > do.
>
> I'll see what I can do but not in the next days.

I made a demo of MSEifi with a server and a client connected by pipes.
Win32 binaries:
http://msedocumenting.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/msedocumenting/mse/trunk/help/tutorials/mseifi/ifipipedemo/bin/i386-win32/ifipipedemoclient.exe?view=log

and
http://msedocumenting.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/msedocumenting/mse/trunk/help/tutorials/mseifi/ifipipedemo/bin/i386-win32/ifipipedemoserver.exe?view=log

Download ifipipedemoclient.exe and ifipipedemoserver.exe into <yourdirectory>,
cd <yourdirectory>, run ifipipedemoclient.exe, click 'connect'.

Screenshot:
http://www.homepage.bluewin.ch/msegui/pics/mseifidemo.png

Martin