[fpc-devel] Freepascal in microcontrollers

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Feb 28 09:17:31 CET 2008

> To my knowledge there is no problem with the current implementation.
> Endian conversion is already the reponsibility of the programmer.
> Therefore I don't see a need for changes on the compiler side.
It might be possible do define the individual bytes of a certain value
in a bitpacked record to be located at certain bit positions by some
complicated syntax, but if that is required for binary compatibility,
that is not "nice" at all. A compiler option to optionally define the
endianess is much more handy.

-Michael