[fpc-devel] In FPC written FPC Debugger

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Feb 22 11:20:19 CET 2008

> On 22 Feb 2008, at 09:32, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
>
> On unix (at least on Linux and Mac OS X) it is trivial to compile (./
> configure ; make). It doesn't have any unusual external dependencies,

It has some problems in general with preinstalled versions of the GNU
libraries it packages (intl,readline), if your distribution deviates from what Linux/x86
packages. (or is explicitely fixed in configure).

I routinely disable intenationalisation (-disable-nls) because of it.

> pretty much everything that's required is included in the gdb source
> tree itself.

Which then in turn is also a cause for problems. Nothing an experienced Unix
person can't handle, but not userfriendly either. IMHO the gdb tree should
not build those libraries shared, or reject versions outside the tree to
avoid this)