[fpc-devel] In FPC written FPC Debugger

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 22 09:20:17 CET 2008

> Lack of Pascal support like with, local procedures, widestrings,
> dynamic arrays, properties is platform independend. Therefore all
> platforms would benefit.

Are these things depending on the internal structures of GDB part and
informations for the executables that is needed to be used under a GIU
like Lazarus <or Eclipse> ) or is it just a shortcoming of the command
line user interface of GDB ?

Would it not be more appropriate to enhance GDB itself instead of
setting up a completely new project. This seems to be a lot less work
that "reinventing the wheel". I feel that Delphi language is not the
only language that offers features like or similar to "local procedures,
widestrings, dynamic arrays, properties". So this effort should be
supported by the "powers " of GDB.

-Michael