[fpc-devel] Lazarus: A new widgest set

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 19 16:55:16 CET 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 15.53:16 Michael Schnell wrote:

> > If you compile the SVN trunk version with -dmse_with_ifi you will get the
> > MSEifi components in the component palette.
>
> Of course I really would like to help beta-testing this. Unfortunately,
> due to a firewall jail I am working in, I can't access an SVN.

You can't use opensource projects without SVN access, you must solve the
problem.

> Have I been correct assuming that I can do a "secondary" GUI using
> MSE(-ifi), i.e. taking a normal (existing) Delphi or Lazarus program
> that does feature it's normal GUI and add some MSE code (and widget
> definitions) plus a transport channel and then I can create controls
> that are visible on the screen of the remote machine. Moreover when the
> remote user "clicks" a control that had bee defined in that way, an
> event should be triggered (in a thread <the dedicated event queue should
> enable event driven programming in a thread> or in the main thread).

Correct. I never tried a Delphi or Lazarus applications as server, I use
MSEgui or MSEnogui applications.

> Have I been correct assuming that either a Pascal program or a browser
> plugin (is that Java code ?) can be used as a target of the transport
> channel, and both should show a user interface that had been defined by
> the master program ?

Correct. The browser plugin doesn't exist up to now. I think it will be a
Pascal dll/so.

> It would be great if you could send me an example (at best a windows
> exe, using http) and the browser plugin, so that I can see what MSE can do.

I'll see what I can do but not in the next days.

Martin