[fpc-devel] Lazarus: A new widgest set

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 19 11:47:48 CET 2008

> To me it sounds more like an X like protocol with an X server as plugin.
>
> (but then on MSEGUI instead of X widget scale)

I understand that when using X you need a widget set at the X-Client
site and the X layer transports informations about the primitives the
widget set translates the application's GUIcontrol-definitions in, while
MSE transports the (supposedly somewhat limited) GUIcontrol-definitions
to the viewer's site and the "widget set" (or whatever) is handled there
(maybe the browser-defined "Web-Controls" are used as a widget set).

Might be an interesting concept for the "additional GUI" we need here.

-Michael