[fpc-devel] GetAppConfigFile implementation

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Dec 20 14:48:23 CET 2008

En/na Vincent Snijders ha escrit:

> I thought that local version is not stored on the network and is not
> available in the roaming profile. Putting a 100 MB Lazarus exe in the
> CSIDL_APPDATA is not a good thing, it ruins startup time (and shutdown

Well, I don't think that an executable is configuration data, so no
matter what, it's wrong to put it either in CSIDL_APPDATA or
CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA.
Anyway, I told various times that GetAppConfigFile should return
CSIDL_APPDATA, CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA should be used only for really local
things (e.g. a browser cache).

Bye
--
Luca