[fpc-devel] FreePascal on ARM Linux ,SoftFloat and EABI issues

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 22:11:19 CET 2008

Michael Schnell wrote:

>> The next stage is to develop X apps using Lazarus. But for these I
>> need to get FPC working.
> Do you really want to run Lazarus on the ARM-system ?
>
> While this _should_ be possible somehow, It might be quite slow compared
> to what can be done on a PC with cross-compiling.

Lazarus 0.9.27 runs on an ARM system based on Debian "Etch" without
significant problems and adequately fast. The key is to use something
like FluxBox rather than KDE.

I was tempted to post this using Mozilla running on an ARM system, but
hopefully I don't need to go to that extreme to make the point that ARM
is a viable development host as well as a target.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk