[fpc-devel] Is LNet planned to be included in a fpc release?

Aleš Katona almindor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 19:10:19 CET 2008

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:05:54 +0100
Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:

> It's strange to not be included in FPC already, as the fppkg tool
> depends on lnet itself. Look under utils/fppkg.
>
> Darius

Aye, but that's a "stable lnet" version being used for fppkg as backup in case a given platform doesn't have one of the external tools.

The problem with including lNet in FPC/packages is that FPC has too slow release cycle and I tend to fix critical bugs fast (and I'm not very happy when I can't get the release out ASAP).

For lHelp the same way can be used, just get latest stable, put it in a subdirectory and you're all set :)

Eventually tho, (either because lNet stabilizes enough, or because fppkg gets used) I want to include lNet in FPC/packages or at least Lazarus/components.

Ales