[fpc-devel] strict private

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 10:56:59 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Florian Klaempfl
<florian at freepascal.org> wrote:

> I'am quiet sure FPC supports strict private in delphi mode.

Oh, I never tried that. I 99.99% of the time use ObjFPC mode - I much
prefer the more strict language rules.  Why doesn't FPC support
'strict private' in ObjFPC mode as well?  It seem like a very handy
feature that many developers could benefit from, not just in Delphi
code ported to FPC. Just in my code alone, I can think of a few places
where it could be used.

Plus it's a non-invasive feature. If you don't know about it, or
simply don't use it, your code acts exactly the same as it did before.

Regards,
  - Graeme -