[fpc-devel] Call initialisation of library automatically in unit-initialization?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Dec 3 12:11:52 CET 2008

Hi all,

When you use the MySQL client, you have to call myslq_library_init to
initialise the library, and mysql_library_end to de-initialize it again.

When the library is dynamically loaded using mysqlXXdyn.pp, shall I call
these functions automatically? Or should we leave it to the programmer?
(I'm in favour of doing it automatically)

But when the library is linked in statically? Add these functions to the
initialize and finalize sections of the unit mysqlXX.pp? Or should we
leave these calls to the programmer? (In this case I would let the
programmer do this)

Does this proposal make sense?

Joost.