[fpc-devel] Unicode and UTF8String

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:57:33 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> Btw will the LCL remain forcedly UTF-8 ? I thought the current Lazarus
> unicode support was temporary and all options were still open, depending on
> the outcome of FPC unicode support options?

It is certainly not temporary, also considering people won't be very
happy to see us make a big incompatible change right after telling
them to convert their source code to UTF-8. I think we have a
responsability to stay coherent here.

I think we may consider migrating to UTF8String when it's implemented
and if it proves a viable solution.

Not to mention: What would the alternative be?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho