[fpc-devel] Re: FPC missed method visibility issue

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:28:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last night I ported a unit in fpGUI to VCL using Delphi 7.  Delphi 7
> reported a lot of warnings I never saw under FPC 2.2.3 or FPC 2.2.0
>
> Here is one such example:  Method visibility level

Here is all the hints/messages relating to the tiMediators.pas unit.
As you can see, no warnings or error messages regarding the method
visibility issue.

----------[ all and hidden messages copied from Lazarus Message
window] -------------------
Compiling ./gui/tiMediators.pas
/home/graemeg/programming/fpgui/extras/tiopf/gui/tiMediators.pas(255,44)
Hint: Local variable "Ma" does not seem to be initialized
/home/graemeg/programming/fpgui/extras/tiopf/gui/tiMediators.pas(255,41)
Hint: Local variable "Mi" does not seem to be initialized
tiMediators.pas(107,35) Hint: Parameter "Sender" not used
/home/graemeg/programming/fpgui/extras/tiopf/gui/tiMediators.pas(107,52)
Hint: Parameter "APosition" not used
/home/graemeg/programming/fpgui/extras/tiopf/gui/tiMediators.pas(388,44)
Hint: Local variable "Ma" does not seem to be initialized
/home/graemeg/programming/fpgui/extras/tiopf/gui/tiMediators.pas(388,41)
Hint: Local variable "Mi" does not seem to be initialized
Compiling ./gui/tiListMediators.pas

Regards,
 - Graeme -