[fpc-devel] Unicode functions

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 09:19:14 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Daniƫl Mantione
<daniel.mantione at freepascal.org> wrote:

> There is only one way to case convert Unicode characters: tables.  A trivial
> solution would be an array[widechar] of widechar, but one might want a more
> memory efficient solution.

Ah okay - thanks.  I saw similar usage of tables in the old LPTK
project. Maybe we could use something there - it's written in Object
Pascal as well? The LPTK project used a BSD license.

Or, instead of building the tables ourselves (if they are not
available on the Unicode website), could we maybe look at something
like the OpenOffice source code and get the tables from there?
OpenOffice seems to handle Unicode quite well (from what I could see).

Regards,
 - Graeme -