[fpc-devel] fpdoc and fv

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:47:19 CEST 2008

On 8/25/08, Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>  > In the German Lazarus forum there recently has been a discussion on
>  > improving the (German) help. There had been a suggestion to use a Wiki
>  > to update / enhance the help texts.
>
> The online help already uses the wiki for the IDE windows and dialogs. You are
>  all welcome to help improve the pages with examples that newbies understand.
>  For me as developer many things are obvious and so I often can't imagine the
>  problems of newbies. That's why we need the help of users - hint, hint.

Which reminds me of another bug in Lazarus.

Change the Lazarus IDE default language to German.  Restart the IDE.
Now open the Compiler options and click the 'Hilfe' (help) button.
The English help is displayed and not the German wiki help.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/IDE_Window:_Project_Options

instead of the German...

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/IDE_Window:_Project_Options/de

PS:
I have no idea how you would test if the translated (non-english)
version exists in the wiki or not.

Regards,
  - Graeme -