[fpc-devel] fpdoc and fv

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Aug 23 19:01:45 CEST 2008

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > (that also has advantages btw, in a previous job I could print A2 (single
> > sheet sideways into an A3 printer), and being able to solve this could be
> > nice)
> >
> > I suggest for now to at least maintain the classchart.ps, simply because the
> > format can easily used as reference for whatever follows.
>
> Yes, but then you'll have A LOT of work, because the .ps is heavily
> outdated :(

Well, if the opposite is entering the PDF's entry manually....

> > Yes, but what you save on the manipulation, you lose on the editing, making
> > it nearly mandatory to make and support a gui tool. IMHO for small data
> > amounts like this it is not worth it :-)
>
> Small data amounts ? Have you ever counted the number of classes ? :-)

216 in the IDE only. That's a rough count using

egrep -i "=[ ]?object[ ]?\(" *

There might be a few duplicates due to ifdef declaration (e.g. for TV2.0
outline support).

It is probably easy to make a postprocessor for the egrep output that
constructs a tree and writes .ps format. It can even comment the unit names
if needed.

I'll see if I can hack something up, since I need something printable NOW.