[fpc-devel] fpdoc and unicode characters

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Thu Aug 14 16:53:36 CEST 2008

Vincent Snijders wrote:

> It is parsed in the xmlreader. The DOM simple contains one single
> widechar, not these 8 chars. I suspect it is copied as is from the DOM
> to the output file.

Correct. The character (numeric) entitity references are expanded upon
parsing and replaced by the corresponding WideChar. This corresponds to
the W3C XML specification and is not a bug.
The 5 predefined symbolic entities (< > & ' ") are
treated the same way and expanded immediately, too. Other symbolic
entities are not expanded by default (although this can be enabled by
setting Options.ExpandEntities to True).

Sergei