[fpc-devel] fpdoc and unicode characters

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 15:04:29 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:54 PM, "Vinzent Höfler"
<JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net> wrote:
>> > Well, what's the DTD saying about it? ;)
>>
>> Errmm???
>
> The Document Type Description? Well, I suppose, there is none...

I know what DTD means, I meant there is none I know of.  :)

>>   2.  Actual and escaped Unicode characters end up being '??' garbage
>>        characters in the generated HTML.
>
> So the entities are probably not resolved correctly. I suppose someone just connected all the text-nodes without bothering to resolve any contained entities. Things like &#x2462; should work regardless of the chosen encoding, as those are unicode-entities.

I tried encoding it as decimal and hexadecimal notation and it always
ends up being '?'.  So Michael's theory that the documentation content
gets copied as-is is not quite true.  My example using
<&#x2026;>   and becoming   <?>   in the .html file proves
that somewhere fpdoc is doing something with the documentation
content.

Regards,
 - Graeme -