[fpc-devel] Proposal to make the compiler message "PPU Invalid Version" a fatal error.

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Wed Aug 13 20:33:24 CEST 2008

Op Wed, 13 Aug 2008, schreef Mattias Gärtner:

> FYI: Because there are several tools to parse FPC/Make/whatever output
> it is planned to tell fpc to always give english output and show the
> translated text in the messages window.

Ok, for once and for all, and please read up the following words loudly
while reading them:

Never

Parse

Compiler

Messages!

It has always been communicated that the parsing of FPC output is a bad
idea. The output is designed to be readbable for humans, not for
computers. We want, and feel free to, have the options to change the text
output of FPC completely.

If you don't want to use the compiler unit, feel free to design a protocol
for more computer friendly messages.

Daniël