[fpc-devel] RTL Unicode support, Win32/CE

Yury B. yurybe83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:55:12 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> fpGUI and MSEgui has custom wrapper functions that handle
> file/directory handling correctly. I don't know what Lazarus LCL does.

Well, i'd like RTL be completely unicode-aware, so that any command-line
tool for file management
would work well, not just to do with Lazarus.

Win32, Win64 and WinCE uses UTF-16 since Win2000 days, not ANSI.
> Win9x uses ANSI as far as I know.
>
> Yes, but there are different library calls, you know, and FPC uses those
that accept ANSI strings not Wide ones (UTF-16)

I just want everything be consistent and solid as in Java and not just on
per-library basis.