[fpc-devel] Free Pascal Internal Error ( 200 212 283 ) (1)

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttnet.net.tr
Mon Aug 4 09:58:34 CEST 2008

Dear Sirs ,

I am sorry that in my message with subject

"Free Pascal Internal Error ( 200 212 283 ) "

I forgot to say that I modified error handling
step of Free Pascal ( FPC ) to allow it to continue
up to a specified number of errors significantly
greater than one , not to stop on the first error .

In the first encountering with the non-found unit source
name , FPC is reporting lack of existence
of the unit source , but after that , on encountering
the  same unit name it is generating
internal error message(s) .

Ability to continue to compile more than first error
is very useful for me because on large programs this
facility is saving significant amount of times to fix
errors ( due to Free Pascal and Delphi incompatibilities
even in Delhi mode during porting the program to
Free Pascal ) .

To improve the Free Pascal toward such internal errors
would be very useful during development of large programs .
At present I will not suggest any solution because it is
not a simple process and requires significant amount of
work to achieve such an immunity against the user program
errors , but I think any improvement on this issue
may be valuable very much .

Thank you very much ,

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk