[fpc-devel] Locale solution for Linux (and maybe *nix)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 09:58:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM,  <petr.kristan at epos.cz> wrote:

> Include rtl/unix/clocale.pp into your project.

Thanks Petr, but that requires libc, hence the reason it can't be
added to the sysutils unit. That was my understanding of the locale
issue, based an a message I posted some months ago. Also, those libc
API calls read the binary form of the locale files if I remember
correctly.

What I am suggesting, is reading the plain text locale files and parse
them ourselves without the need for Libc dependency.

I just need to confirm what other Linux and Unix OS's have those files
available?  My suggestion would be no good if only Ubuntu includes
those files, but not other Linux distros or *BSD etc...

Regards,
 - Graeme -