[fpc-devel] FPCUnit: change proposal

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:28:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

We use FPCUnit and DUnit2 (branch of DUnit v1) extensively in the tiOPF
[http://www.tiopf.com] project. DUnit2 has some impressive enhancements
added and improved design.

One of the improvements is built-in support of SetupOnce/TeardownOnce
without the need for Decorators.  Currently we have to add lots of
IFDEF's in the unit test code to make it compilable with DUnit2 and
FPCUnit. Though the latter is falling behind on features.

Would there be any objections if I added built-in support for
SetupOnce/TeardownOnce in FPCUnit (without the need for decorators)?

Some developers don't like the Decorator approach much. Here are some
comments from them:
  * I'd do everything possible to stay away from the Decorator (a
problem looking for a solution)

  * There is no natural linkage between the decorator, the target code
and shared data. Besides they clutter the treeview.

Regards,
   - Graeme -