[fpc-devel] Rebuilding fpc-2.3.1.go32v2.zip

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Apr 13 23:50:09 CEST 2008

> How do I build /snapshot/v23/i386-go32v2/fpc-2.3.1.go32v2.zip from
> fpcbuild.zip? (Host: Windows)

Basic principle:
- install last go32v2 release (preferably on a dos or w9x system, NT based
   was a problem in the past, don't know the current status)
- make zipinstall in the fpc/ directory.

Additional extra's involve installing a gdb in precompiled library form in
fpc/libgdb/$arch-$OS.

Then zip up the little zips in a big zip, and add files from fpcbuild/ as
necessary, similar for docs from existing doc archives. (but I don't think
the snapshots have many added files, would be redownload of the same thing
for people tracking them)

If you have a "full" fpcbuild.zip, the main FPC tree is in fpcbuild/fpcsrc.