[fpc-devel] Fixes of FPC version 2.2.0

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Apr 12 20:06:11 CEST 2008

On 12 Apr 2008, at 19:52, Yiannis Dondos wrote:

> I just wanted to ask if the current version 2.2.1 already includes
> all the fixes done since the release of 2.2.0.

No, it doesn't.

> The reason I am asking this is because I downloaded a very recent
> version of 'base_w32_v22.zip' from the FreePascal FTP server (ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/fixes/i386-win32/
> ) and I am almost certain that an issue reported as fixed in 2.2.1 (http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=9275
> ) is still present.

The fix for that bug report has been merged back however, as mentioned
in the bug report's history.

> Running 'fpc -i' reports version 2.2.1 (2008/04/12), but the
> 'readme.rev' file reports revision 8445, which is really old.

I don't know what's up with the Windows snapshots. The 2.3.1 one
hasn't been updated at all in ages, and apparently the 2.2.1 one isn't
properly updated either. It is probably indeed revision 8445, which
would explain why that fix isn't in the binary you downloaded.

Jonas