[fpc-devel] Packed array of boolean

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Apr 8 14:27:59 CEST 2008

On 08 Apr 2008, at 14:12, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Walker, David schrieb:
>
>> So, am I overlooking something in TBits, or am I reduced to writing
>> the bit-twiddling routines myself?  Or is there another approach
>> someone can suggest?
>
> Use bitpacked instead of packed.

Note that FPC's bitpacked is not necessarily the same bitpacked as
what the old compiler used (although there aren't that many choices
for 1-bit values, obviously), and that the internal format of
bitpacked arrays/records is not guaranteed to remain compatible
between different FPC versions either (and additionally it is
*guaranteed* to be incompatible between CPUs with a different
endianess).

Jonas