[fpc-devel] Important: Call for testing.

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 4 14:19:29 CEST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 13.56:45 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > The next problem is childpos handling:
> > http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=11102
>
> I've never understood what this is about, so some additional information
> would be welcome...

It is used in order change the widget stacking order in an inherited form for
example:
In ancestor form streaming- child- and creation-order is twidget1, twidget2,
twidget3 what means (in MSEgui, I don't know for Lazarus) twidget2 is over
twidget1, twidget3 is over twidget2.
Now you do 'Bring to Front' for twidget1 in a inherited form which changes the
child order to twidget2, twidget3, twidget1.
The new child order must be written and read back while streaming the
descendent. It is done with ffChildPos filerflag and a following integer.
Repositioning of the inherited children is done by  TComponent.SetChildOrder
IIRC.

Martin